Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Marriage equality and the ignorance that followed...

I have sat back since Friday and entertained myself with the ignorance on social media and in the news about marriage equality. To be honest I have seen and heard ignorance from both sides and it is rather disturbing, now that I am looking back on it, how fuckin' ignorant people are being over basic human rights.

I find it disturbing that I have seen pics of Jesus kissing a man and the American flag replaced by the rainbow flag in the Iwo Jima statue... WTF kinda shit is that?!! Let's have a little more class than that, people. I get that we are proud and excited about the ruling but don't forget better judgement and respect for something sacred to others. We are not even close to where we should be yet and we need to remember, as long as there are individuals out there still trying to refuse our rights, we have more important things to do than to paste meme's on social media depicting things in history. Let's make our own and keep it moving.

Now for the individuals who have been throwing out bible versus against marriage equality... SMDH seriously?!! Did you actually read the bible and sit down with someone who has studied it inside out upside down and backwards? While you are throwing stones you need to remember that you also live in a glass house. One fool even said I will pray for you. *Blank stare* Pray for me for what?!! For loving someone so deeply it hurts. For wanting to be with this woman for the rest of my life and having society realize that it isn't an abomination to love her that hard? Go fuck yourself... Oh wait that would be an abomination! I don't want anyone who's "God" feels that my love is any less than a heterosexual individuals praying for me. I don't want to even be affiliated with a "God" who would allow individuals to pass judgement and cast out individuals who at the end of the day want the same things as a heterosexual couple. I'll continue to pray to the God that I think is just and fair and who loves all mankind as they are!!!

It's funny when you get down to it all I really want is the same rights under the law as a heterosexual couple. I want Kari to be able to make decisions for me when I am no longer capable. I want her to be able to come into the hospital room without hesitation if something ever happened to me. I want everything that we work for together to be safe from anyone who feels they have more claim on it than myself or her. I watched "If These Walls Could Talk 2" and I don't want that happening to me EVER!!! 

To me "Marriage Equality" is my rights under the law, not in between the covers of someone's hypocritical bible...

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment