Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wanting to be too important

I have had one of the most eye opening experiences since I have been in my position. I had a gentleman call the store and just be irate over absolutely nothing. The situation could've been handled by any associate in the store but he felt that he was so important that he needed a manager to help him with his situation. Even after being helped he was still belligerent. Why do people feel that just because you spend money in an establishment that you automatically run the place? 
I have yet to be rude to a customer and I have yet to do anything blatantly wrong that I should be fired. I make my share of mistakes and I may handle a situation incorrectly but I learn from it and move on. Today I helped this man who thinks that he is more important than anyone else and apparently I didn't cow tow enough for his liking. My job is to help alleviate problems not kiss ass. That's not my style. I stayed calm with this man as he tried to intimidate and use scare tactics and obviously that didn't work for him so he threatened my job. Still I stayed calm and told him he had to do what he had to do. Am I worried about losing my job... Absolutely not I did nothing wrong but it really makes me furious that someone would think they are so above someone that they can treat them like a throw away and think that's ok. I really don't care about someone having millions or having pennies I will always treat everyone equal that spends money in my store. I treat every costumer and associate with respect and in return I know I won't always get the same but to threaten my livelyhood... Unexceptable!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment