Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I'm brown enough...

Standing in the store looking to buy something for my iPad and I'm listening to this dude talk to a person who I assume is his supervisor. Now normally I don't eavesdrop but the conversation was so damn ridiculous I wanted to go slap the hell out of the dude myself. I heard more "Yes boss", "I'll handle that boss", "Is there anything else I can do for you boss." In my head I'm thinkin the next thing out of this dude's mouth was going to be "What time would you like me on my knees boss?" 

I don't understand the sucking up thing and if you are one of those supervisors that enjoy people sucking up to you please explain the appeal. It annoys the hell out of me when someone sucks up because if you're sucking up to me and doing every and anything I want you to, when are you going to have time to get your own work done? And how is the morale of your team because someone has to be picking up the slack? 

I'm not a person who sucks up... Lol imagine that! I expect my work ethic to speak for itself. I'll take on extra projects if I know I have the time and it's not going to interfere with my team but I will not go out of my way to cow tow when I know my job will suffer. How does that look to the powers that be that roll thru your area and your area looks like hell? They don't know that your nose is a little brown and sore from being shoved up nether regions because obviously it's not their nether region your nose is shoved. Don't get me wrong I'll use things to my advantage. I know that I'm a trifecta but even that will only take me so far (If you don't know why I'm a trifecta ask and I'll explain). That's why I believe I have to work my butt off so that they don't feel they have wasted their time and not give the next trifecta a shot. Even if the powers that be see how hard I work they still may not feel I'm worthy of moving any further but I still won't drop to my knees to get there, I'm brown enough! 

To those that make suckin up into an art, more power to you, if it works for you GREAT! However, I hope you have more to fall back on than gettin your knees dirty.

That is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment