Friday, June 6, 2014

When we were younger

Who in the hell is "slender man"? I asked this the other day and got no reply. Ok I do know it's an online game but what's the point or purpose? 2 preteen girls decided to kill their preteen friend to prove "slender man" was real and they'd be able to go to his castle or some shit like that. These 2 morons stabbed their friend 19 times.
Now I don't know about you but I'm still trying to process this info. When we were younger we watched some violent cartoons. Anvils, pianos, cars etc were dropped on peoples heads and yet we knew not to drop heavy objects on our friends. We watched wrestling and yes we did the moves but we knew not to snap the neck of the buddy we were wrestling around with.  We did daredevil stunts but we knew if our dumbass jumped off a building it would probably not end well.
My point is what happened to common sense? Are we as adults not teaching these kids that there are consequences to every action? And why are the parents trying to justify why their bad ass kid did what they did? "Oh my little Susie got ahold of the password to the computer and it's the game makers fault. She's really a good kid." No you are raising devil spawn or not teaching common sense because even if little Susie watches the most violent shows she should in no way shape or form plot to kill another human being to prove an online figure is real!!!
Remember "faces of death"? How many of you watched that show and decided it would be fun to toss your friend in an alligator pit to see what it would look like in real life? Or go skydiving into a power line just to see if you'd actually fry to death? Hmmm... I'm waiting! Yea because your parents taught you common sense and if you lived with my crazy ass mom you knew you wouldn't live long enough for the police to put you in jail. Lol
Yes we did stupid things and didn't get caught. We made some ignorant mistakes because that's what you're supposed to do when you are growing up but at some point I think the parents need to stop making excuses and start teaching their kids about common sense. Excuses get people killed... Common sense keeps me from having to make blogs like this one about little devil spawn.
That is all... Probably not but it sounded good in my head

2 comments:

  1. People are crazy now a days. Bullying still makes me laugh a little bit. Back in my day (haha) we had television shows where we would hire someone bigger to beat up the bully and teach him to pick on someone his own size. Now we have parents logging into their children's accounts and posting nasty messages to kids that torture their kids, or kids who post youtube videos stating they are gonna kill themselves because people posted a bad message about them. I feel like kids now a days aren't given the resources to deal with stuff we dealt with all the time. They are, in my opinion, told that life is always going to be fair and easy and that you should get money for doing things you're suppose to do as a kid (wash the dishes, keep your room clean, graduate from school with out getting knocked up). I dunno... maybe I'm just a grumpy old woman now who is out of touch with the world ....

    ReplyDelete